- Bobcat track and field athletes will train and compete on a new, world class surface made by industry leader, Mondo.
- The 100 level on both the north and south side will feature brand new individual seats with chair backs and cup holders to increase the comfort for our fans.
- Curtain System:
- As a means of creating a more intimate venue for Bobcat basketball games, a curtaining system will be installed in the 200 level on the north and south sides. The curtaining system is the same system in place at most NBA arenas.
- Sound System:
- A new sound system is being installed that will greatly improve sound coverage as well as clarity throughout the arena bowl.
The Fieldhouse was originally built in 1956 at a cost of 1.6 million dollars. This would be 13.8 million dollars today.
The fieldhouse was last renovated in the late 1990’s and the projects included:
- New athletic offices and main offices for coaches
- A weight room addition and remodel
- A new main entrance on the south side of the building
- Locker room remodel
- New reception areas
- New Hall of Fame
- Major infrastructure improvements for the heating system, electrical distribution system and plumbing
- Seismic updates
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) updates, including the installation of an elevator from the main level to the mezzanine
- Replacement of all the seating, including the installation of some padded seats